Part-Time Security Officer
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for the enforcement of all Rules and Regulations adopted by the Lake Santee Property Association (LSPOA) Board of Directors for the control and government of the property within the Subdivision.
- Be Responsible to patrol all association roadways and waterways.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- Reports to the Lake Manager and is responsible to the LSPOA security committee
- Shall be on call 24 hours per day on scheduled weekdays.
- Shall work the certain holidays as scheduled (Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day).
- Shall work one of the off season holidays (Thanksgiving Day, Christmas day, or Easter).
- Shall work in Uniform and shall not carry a weapon as a regular part of the uniform.
- Shall work flexible hours to avoid establishment of patterns to provide coverage during peak hours, weekends and holidays.
- Shall keep all records including, but not limited to, equipment logs, patrol logs, fuel logs, violation records, and other records as deemed necessary or required by the Lake Manager or Security Committee for the efficient operation of LSPOA security functions.
- Maintain a high level of visibility while on patrol or while at the main gate.
- Communicate with members, visitors and other lake employees related to problems or questions.
- Where necessary and required by rule issue verbal or written warnings, issue citations and assess fines. All violations should be recorded.
- Keep security equipment, security office, security vehicle and security boat clean and maintained as necessary.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Supervisor/RWWD manager on issues related, but not limited, to trash, dead animals, rule violations, potential safety hazards. Make appropriate reports and seek resolutions.
- Spot check LSPOA/RWWD buildings and perform water disconnects and reconnects as required.
- Patrol the lake personally and schedule other personnel throughout the boating season, checking for compliance with the rules concerning operation and identification of boats. All violations should be recorded. Problems or safety hazards should be identified and forwarded to the Lake Manager. Litter in the lake should be picked up when possible.
- Spot check unoccupied houses in off-season and/or when residents are on vacation for water leaks, property damage, forced entry or vandalism. Checks to be reported on forms provided.
- Patrol subdivision perimeter for unauthorized access and correct any problem areas.
- Work closely with local fire and law enforcement agencies maintaining good relations and keeping communications open. Coordinate with local law enforcement situations beyond securities scope of authority.
- Investigate and report on forms provided all reasonable complaints, acts of vandalism, break-ins. Accidents, injuries, or other incidents occurring within the Lake Santee Subdivision. Investigations shall include dates, times, names, lot numbers, witnesses, statements from those involved and other relevant facts. Investigation should be conducted to resolve as many incidents as practical.
- Pick up loose dogs and work closely with local animal control officers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with the Board Members, employees, and the general membership.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Ability to organize and use time effectively,
- Ability to work effectively with other Association employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a high school diploma
- At least two years experience in a security function or a law enforcement related field is preferred
The job of Security can be physically demanding. This position requires a highly varied schedule including nights, holidays and weekends.
Applications are available at by clicking here or at the Lake Santee Office.
Please submit application and resume to:
Lake Santee Jobs
13 SW Wrenn Parkway
Greensburg, IN 47240