The Lake Santee development is 1,256 acres with a 250 acre lake that has approximately 5.5 miles of shoreline offering a variety of water activities such as boating, swimming, fishing, and skiing. The lake is approximately 2 miles long and up to a half mile in width. The lake is approximately 30 feet deep at the dam with an average depth of 15 feet. The lake is stocked annually and is an excellent fishing lake. There are eleven lake access areas for use by all members and many of them have boat slips available for use on a first come, first served basis or you may rent a slip for the year.
There are two beaches with playground areas and bath houses. The community has a main beach that is 1,000 feet long and the secondary beach on the east side is 200 feet in length.
Other amenities include:
- Tennis & Pickleball Court
- Basketball court
- Beach volleyball
- Community room is available for club activities and can also be rented by members in
good standing for private functions. Reservations can be made up to a year in advance.
- Nature Habitat with picnic area and walking trails
- Various Clubs
- Paved, hard-surface and gravel roads, owned and maintained by the association
- Golf cart friendly community
- Central water and sewer system owned and operated by Lake Santee Regional Waste and Water District
- Amphitheater near the main beach, featuring during the summer
- 24 x 7 onsite security
- 24 x 7 on Call Maintenance
- Trash/Recycle Center
- Clarksburg Community Volunteer Fire Department Lake Santee Station 2
- Privately operated restaurant
- Boat Launch
- Privately owned full service Marina, Lake Santee Marina
- Secure Outgoing Mailbox accessible only by the U.S. Postal Carrier
- Outgoing mail should be dropped off by 9:00am Monday-Saturday in main parking lot by ATM
- Great Plains Communications Fiber-Optic available for subscription throughout the community.
- Greensburg-Decatur County Public Library Bookmobile, Mondays from 12pm-1pm in the main parking lot
and the Free Little Library adjacent to the Lake Office.
- 5 shelter houses, 3 near the main beach and 2 at the east beach
- Picnic areas, most with grills